Saturday, December 7, 2013

Lunch Bag

I bring my lunch to work everyday.  Every. Single. Day.  And this dates back to my senior year in college when I lived off campus.  I would pack a sandwich and maybe something else {I can't remember what for sure, that was a long time ago.}  And I would eat it in the mall or on the Pentacrest {weather permitting of course.}

I've been thinking for a little while now that I needed a new lunch bag.  The homemade one I was using worked great.  Maybe the best thing about it was that it was kind of small so I was able to easily find a spot for it in our usually full refrigerator at work.  But it was time for something different.  And anyways, I moved floors at my office and the refrigerator on my new floor isn't used as much so no need to squeeze my lunch into a crowded space.  {BTW, they also bought a second refrigerator for the old floor I worked on now too.}

And this is what I made.


craft room confidential

I LOVE it.  I'm so happy with the bright and cheery fabric I choose.  The pattern is a combination of the lunch bag and large bag from Quilts and More Winter 2006.  My previous lunch bag was made with just the lunch bag pattern.

The band near the bottom was a late addition.  I loved the lining fabric and really wanted to see more of it.  I would say it is a perfect addition.


craft room confidential

Just for fun, I embroidered the word eat on my lunch bag.  It looks like cat, but believe me it is eat.

craft room confidential

And for a little more whimsy, I added a fabric flower.  I've been wanting to make one for a really long time and decided this was the perfect opportunity.  I followed these easy instructions from Pink Paper Peppermint.  Again I used the fabric from the lining and a big bright yellow button.

craft room confidential

But I took it a step further and made my flower into a pin.  I wanted to be able to remove it when I threw the lunch bag into the washer.  I simply glued a round piece of felt onto the back of the flower and then glued on a pin.

Did I mention that I LOVE my new lunch bag.  It is super bright and cheery.

craft room confidential

I am spreading its cheer at my favorite parties.

2 comments: