Thursday, August 1, 2013

{Not So Confidential} - July in Review

So I witnessed my first flash mob this month.  But it wasn't the kind you would expect.  This one was a dinner party and everyone was wearing white.  Appropriately, it was called Dinner in White.  
This was just the beginning.
My brother, sister-in-law and her two teenagers were in town visiting me on this particular weekend and I had taken them to the Sculpture Garden for some miniature golf.  Afterwards, we were just sitting near the entrance of the garden and the parking lot enjoying the beautiful summer evening when we couldn't help but notice all the people that were coming to the garden wearing white.  Some carried tables and chairs.  Others had picnic baskets and flowers.  It was really a strange sight.  Eventually we followed some of these people into the middle of the garden and were amazed to see them setting up their tables and pulling out their dinner.  Apparently, events like this happen in cities across the country and are modeled after the original Dinner in White in France.  Have you heard of this before?

{What I made} Craft Projects 
In case you missed it:

{What I made} Yummy Eats
{What I read} previous count - 19
  1. Inner Harbor by Nora Roberts
  2. Friends Forever by Danielle Steel
  3. Leave the Grave Green by Deborah Crombie
  4. H is for Homicide by Sue Grafton
  5. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

No comments:

Post a Comment