Saturday, December 22, 2012

{Handmade Christmas} Felt Ornaments

Every year, I host a cookie exchange.  In addition to exchanging cookies and catching up with friends, we make an ornament.  This year, the conversation was about how many of these parties we had had.  I wasn't quite sure so afterwards, I decided to check out my tree and count all the ornaments that had been made at one of our cookie exchange/ornament making parties.  Here are the ornaments from the previous years:


That makes the 2012 party #9.  Next year will be the 10th annual party.  Maybe I should do something special.  But wait, in 2010 we had to cancel the party due to a huge snowstorm.  {I believe we got something like 20 inches of snow and the Metrodome roof collapsed.}  So does that count?  I say it does and I have the ornament to prove it.  :-)

But before I worry about the 10th annual party, let's check out the ornament we made this year.  Some years it is easier than others for me to pick out an ornament to make.  I have to keep in mind how long it will take to make and how much it will cost {I provide all the supplies for everyone.}  This year, I decided on felt ornaments which were inspired by The D.I.Y. Dreamer.  I always make several samples to help inspire my friends. 
I used cookie cutters as the patterns for the ornaments and that worked out really well.  All the embellishments and the floss I already had on hand.  I had some felt but I did pick up some more colors for the party.  


And of course, I always make an ornament with my friends at the party.


Everybody had a good time, got some yummy cookies, and made another ornament to add to their Christmas tree.  

Merry Christmas everyone!

I am sharing at these parties.

2 comments:

  1. I found you from the linky party...I love those ornaments!! My favorite is the blue one-do pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. I think the blue one is my favorite as well.

      Delete