Saturday, August 11, 2012

Washi Tape Clipboard

Earlier this year, I joined Team Washi and made a super cute washi tape keyboard.  This project left me with plenty of washi tape and the desire to do more with it.  Clipboards seemed to be a popular thing to cover with washi tape.  So I jumped on that band wagon as well after I came up with a brilliant idea on how I would use that clipboard.



To get started, I picked up a plain clipboard at Target.



I painted it white and then covered the entire front with washi tape.  Can you tell I tried to make a design?  {It's a field of flowers with the sun shining.}


Initially, I wasn't going to do anything on the back.  But then I was inspired by all the creative quilt backs I have seen on Pinterest and decided to add some tape there as well.  I also taped around the entire edge as well.



Now about my brilliant idea - in my craft room, I use my ironing board as my base for working on sewing projects.  The ironing board was beside the bed so I would lay the pattern or instructions on the bed so I could glance at them as I worked.  But then I rearranged the room and moved the ironing board into the corner.  I hung the clipboard on the wall in that same corner and use it to hold the instructions for whatever project I am working on.  



Don't you agree that is brilliant?  {Do you spy the following projects in this picture? - Scrappy Lampshade, Small Button Jars, Magazine Holders}

And when I'm not working on a project, it's a piece of art.



I am sharing at these great parties and Wednesday's Adorned from Above link party

3 comments:

  1. These are so cute. I love how you did this. I have a link party on Wednesdays, and I would love it if you would link this post. It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party. It goes through Sunday night and then starts again on Wednesday if you miss it today.
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/08/apple-cinnamon-roll-pull-aparts-and.html
    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry this is late, but better late then never. Thanks so much for sharing with last weeks with Wednesday's Adorned From Above. The link party is open now for this week.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete