Saturday, August 4, 2012

Quilted Coaster

I had a problem at work - my water bottle would sweat and leave little puddles on my desk.  The paper towel coaster just wasn't cutting it.  I finally got fed up with it and made myself this simple quilted coaster from Martha Stewart.




Best part of this little project - it cost $0 as I already had everything I needed.  Also it didn't take much time at all.  {makes me wonder why I hadn't done this sooner, I had the instructions hanging on the board in my craft closet for over a year.}




This was the first time I used a walking foot on my sewing machine.  It was a little trial by error at first but I'm pretty happy with the result.  I definitely need some more practice in order to perfect this technique though.




And now no more water puddles on my desk or ugly paper towel coasters!

No comments:

Post a Comment