Sunday, July 1, 2012

Raspberry Dressing

{Farmers Market}
I love going to the Farmers Market.  I live in a townhouse so I can't have a garden so the farmers market is the next best thing.  I can container garden though and I have two tomato plants this year - one roma tomato and one sweet 100 tomato.  But no tomatoes yet {not even close.  Which reminds me - I need to water my flowers and tomatoes this afternoon.}  The Bloomington Farmers Market is just about the right size - not too big but not too small either.  Yesterday, I picked up these goodies from the market:
  • Raspberries
  • Strawberries {yes, I know, the season is pretty much over but my vacation coincided with the peak of strawberry season and therefore I didn't get to enjoy very many strawberries this year.  I just couldn't pass these up.}
  • Kohlrabi
  • Sugar Snap Peas
  • Carrots
  • Mixed Salad Greens
This is what I made this weekend with my market harvest:
  • Tutti-Frutti Pops with the raspberries and strawberries.  I got pop molds and the book Perfect Pops for my birthday and I am having fun trying the recipes.  These are going to be great this week with a heat wave in the forecast.
  • Sweet Fruit and Nut Breakfast Wraps with the strawberries.  I might try it with raspberries too.
  • Pasta Primavera with the carrots and sugar snap peas.  Had I read the recipe a little closer, I could have picked up mint at the farmers market as well.  Too bad there were no cherry tomatoes at the market.  {I skipped the yellow peppers and goat cheese  when I made this.}
  • Salad with the mixed greens and raspberries.  

I made a yummy raspberry dressing for the salad.  Last summer, I made sure I got this recipe from my mom.  I don't know where she got the recipe.  It's so good {and easy to make} and I'm going to share it with you:

1/3 cup vegetable oil
3 Tablespoons sugar
2 Tablespoons raspberry vinegar
1 Tablespoon dairy sour cream
1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
Whisk together all dressing ingredients.  Refrigerate, covered, for at least one hour.

Oh yeah, I didn't forget about the kohlrabi.  I'm going to pack that in my lunch this week.


Next week the rumor is that there will be sweet corn at the farmers market.  I. CAN. NOT. WAIT!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment