Sunday, July 8, 2012

Raspberries

{Farmers Market}
This week at the farmers market I picked up some raspberries, raspberries, and more raspberries.


What did I make with all these raspberries?  I'm glad you asked:


  • Triple Layered Rocket Pops from the book Perfect Pops - except mine aren't rockets.  I should have made these for the Fourth of July.


  • Dark Chocolate Raspberry Scones from Buns In My Oven - These were my favorite from the weekend.  {Oh wait, there was something better but I'm not ready to share that one quite yet.}  I followed the directions for freezing them and then popped one in the oven this morning for breakfast.  Besides them being delicious, the idea of freezing them is brilliant.  {Especially for a single gal like me who should only be eating one at time.  This way I can bake one whenever I want without the mess of baking an entire batch.}

Raspberries weren't the only thing I bought this week at the farmers market.  I also got:
  • Kohlrabi - love to bring that in my lunch.
  • Lettuce Mix - nothing beats lettuce fresh from the garden.
  • Zucchini
  • Cucumber
  • Blueberries {Which were in the Triple Layered Pops.}
The last two were part of that awesome dish I mentioned previously.  Stay tuned for next week to get the dish on that.  {Or check out my Pinterest boards and see if you can figure it out.}

Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment