Sunday, June 17, 2012

Whoppers Brownies

Happy Father's Day!


When I was at the store buying Whoppers {the ones in the milk carton-like box} for this recipe from My Baking Addiction, I had a flashback to my childhood.  My dad would buy these and then "hide" them in the tall cabinet in the kitchen.  Did he really think that would keep us from helping ourselves?  {But just in case, please don't tell him we did that.}


Back in the day when we had dairy cows, my dad would join us in the kitchen while we ate breakfast and got ready for school.  He would have a glass of Pepsi and a handful of cookies.  {homemade usually, of course.}  Then he would milk the cows and do the other morning chores before coming back to the house for a real breakfast.  I think he would approve of these brownies and maybe even have them for breakfast.  {Too bad I had eaten them all before he was here fixing things visiting last weekend.  He did like the strawberry pie I made.}




I did not make the ganache and they were super yummy anyways.




Lynn's recipe review [keep or toss]: Keep.


I love you Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment